It's Friday evening and I am blogging. No, nothing better to do. Kids are asleep and due to nasty nasty winter storms, hubby is stuck in Chicago.
I do have one other thing I could be doing. One of my oldest friends has been wanting to get together. Nagging at me for some time actually, to hang out, spend some quality time. But the truth is, I hate to say it, but, um, I'm getting a little tired of this friend.
{Don't worry, this friend doesn't read my blog, I promise.}
I'm sure you all have a friend like Miss "D." It's a classic high maintenance relationship. We'll go a few days without communicating, I'll think she has gained some self-sufficiency, and then, when I'm not even paying attention. SHA-ZAM! There's Miss D. Out of nowhere, in my face, needy, involving me in problems I want nothing to do with.
{I tell you, she has got more dirt going on than anyone else I know.}
I know I should have a more "Christ-like" attitude. If I were a better person I would happily clean up the problem, tidy her issues, help her get organized, and send her on her way but I'm starting to get resentful. If it's not one thing it's another--there was that accident at school, the gardening mishap, that whole mud problem, and just loads and loads of crap.
Even if we aren't talking, just enjoying a movie, I can tell Miss D is not happy. I feel the vibes-- Quit watching that show. Pay attention to me. I'm here. Pick me! Choose me!
{Ahhhh! Is there no respite from Miss D!}
The truth is: No. There is no respite from Miss D. In fact, she's here right now. In the kitchen. She's spread her untidy self all over my counter in her passive-aggressive way of silently yelling at me,
"HERE I AM! THERE'S NO WAY YOUR WALKING PAST ME AGAIN!"
Oh well, I suppose now's as good a time as any to face the beast. And I guess now that you know all about her I should formally introduce you. Here she is.

Miss Dirt E. Klose
{If she ever comes knocking at your door, don't let her in.}
9 comments:
OK. I gotta admit. You had me going there. I was wondering about this person....you are so funny. But hey, good Dirt E. Klose is good for a funny blog post so give her credit where credit is due.
That is funny!! I have some Clean And Dirt E. Klose that need attention. Hope your hubby gets "unstuck" soon.
Hee hee, had me fooled, too. At first I was terrified I'd be that annoying friend, but then relieved my initial wasn't D anywhere in sight. Phew.
P.S. Your kitchen is very pretty. MORE HOUSE PICTURES, PLEASE!
ha ha! Ok, so I was totally running thru all the people I know from OH and had some names picked out of who Miss D might be, but I'm not gonna put them on the blog!!!! My "Miss D" is Miss P - as in Potty, I HATE HATE HATE cleaning the toilets. That's why I bribe Denton w/a little Nookie if he'll do it. And sadly, I like laundry. :)
I was captivated, you got me too. I am glad to see that it is the same friend that also drives me crazy. I don't like laundry so much that my husband is the laundrier. Very funny. Thanks for the laugh.
you are crazy. it would have been far more fun to lead us on forever in believing you are just like me....having someone, some real someone, who bothers me til I'm brain dead.
dirty clothes. so what? Better than having to run around naked. Imagine being naked on a day like today.
come on...give up some real dirt...some good dirt.
Ha ha this blog is funny! Had me fooled too, but I thought you were too nice to actually write about someone you despise online:)
At least you can call laundry your friend. Mine's an enemy!
Very clever, Emily. I was wondering why you could not be more Christ-like towards your friend, but then realized that I have the same attitude towards Miss D. Funny how we both know her so well. She certainly gets around.
Ewwwwwww Emily ... I call her the "L-Word" When my boys lived at home I remember needing to put on my goggles and gas mask to tackle the task!
You are sooo funny! You are way to nice to say such mean things about anyone!
Post a Comment