I'm sorry. It's not that I've had so much more to do than usual. There is the basement of course but it's not as if I'm the one down there on my hands and knees hammering nails. It's just been one of those times when everything has kind of gotten away from me a bit. I feel unorganized, forgetful, distracted, and most of all, tired. You know those times when you just haven't found the sleep you need, or at least the sleep you can reasonably function on, you wake up groggy, can't get going, feel like you're playing catch-up all day . . . I've just been in a slump.
{I must interject here--my sweet young women that I teach at church and truly enjoy were bemoaning the possibility of potentially waking up by 6:30 this Wednesday. "Oh, we can't do it. Six thirty, are you kidding. Oh, I'll be so tired. I just can't get up that early, I have to work at 2 that afternoon." Wah wah wah. I love these girls, I truly do, but I just had to tell them, I couldn't listen to it any longer. Mind you, they where also required to be in bed by 10:00 Tuesday night, they were still getting a full 8 1/2 hours. So I stepped up and spoke my mind (nicely of course) but I told them. Seriously girls, you can't do it. You're just too tired. I'm sympathetic. I really am. I understand you have work, and school--except you don't have school, it's SUMMER--and you're family and friends. I know you have a lot going on but come on. You're too tired. You're telling me this. I am too tired. And not just from a weekend of parties, not just because I had to get up by 8 to make it to church. I haven't had a decent nights sleep in something like 6 YEARS! Years, girls, years. Not to mention staying up late to prepare lessons for you so come on, buck up, you can do it, because when you go home, nobody needs you, nobody is counting on you, you can go right to bed and not be disturbed. So please, please don't complain to me about sleep.}
Oh, I'm sorry, enough ranting. I was nice. They laughed. I hope they understood I was not joking. Anyway, so I'm tired. Who isn't. But unfortunately blogging has been preempted by the thought of a pillow. I will try and get a quick post out now, but even though it's barely 9, I'm already to tired to make it at all interesting, clever, or witty, not that my posts are much of that anyway. So here is a very sparsely worded, entirely unentertaining, down to business post. The Basement Pictures:
(Although it is almost completely finished now, I took these before the carpet went in. I can't bring myself to post more recent ones until everything is finished--have to keep a bit of surprise you know.)
Finished Storage Room
that little niche in the back only goes back a few feet. It was just extra space I didn't want to waste--thought it would be perfect to hang winter coats or store big containers of water or something.

Bathroom:
those little tiles amongst the white are cobalt blue--I love 'em and I've got some green polka-dot towels to go in there.

Reading Nook:
That place where the freezer is will soon be occupied by three cute bean bags. Opposite that wall are two book shelves. And that handsome man in the back is our lovely contractor. The two cutouts in the wall to the left of him look into the nook under the stairs that was made into a fun little play place.

Play Area:
There is the little play space under the stairs, a closet against the back wall, the closet doors are sitting in the space where the slide will go, and a stage is built in the right corner. The pictures hanging on the walls are big stickers I'm trying to figure out where to put.

Couch/TV Area:
self explanatory--couch and TV will go here

Craft Area:
This is the kids craft area--currently holding all the stuff we hauled out from the back storage room to do a little electrical work. There are some cubbies and a short counter with a sink. The window looks into my craft area--'cause I'm so crafty. This way I can go in, shut the door to keep sticky hands out, but still keep an eye on kiddies.

So there you go, the basement. I love it. And as soon as I get it all done (soon I promise) I'll post the final pics.
8 comments:
How fun! That little play are is so cute and how fun for you to have a crafty area. Love it.
Lovely!!!
looks huge and fun when done. no wonder you are tired. If I go to bed and have seen a clutter or mess, I cannot sleep nor function. And right now, both of my houses are clutter so I know the feeling. And WHY are the YW needing to get up early on Wednesday?
Every child's dream basement. Can I come play?
Yea for the Musso boys!! I can't wait to "hang out" w/ you guys in the coolest basement around.
So about these YW, Dosen't our ward have early morning Seminary???? Mine started at 5:55am 5 days a week. So 6:30 would've been sleeping in. I think living mission rules for a day is a GREAT idea, What about Being a MOM for 24 hours. I don't go to bed at 10:00 or wake up at 6:30!Isn't that there true divine calling in life? Although if they were to hang out at my house for 24 hours the plan might back fire.... they may never ever want to have kids:)
Just want you to know I'm still checking up on you. Things look great. Oh, my....what a basement.
Love the basement! It looks so great - I love all the fun ideas you've come up with.
And the YW complaining about being tired? So right there with you. If only they knew you weren't joking!
I see you've got the animal stickers up on the walls....so cute!!! Looks great...I'm just proud that I got to see it all in person:)
Post a Comment