Monday, October 22, 2007

To the Man Upstairs

Just thought I would give you a heads-up (although being omniscient you probably already know this) but Matthew thinks he has you all figured out. A couple nights ago we had spinach and mozzarella raviolis for dinner. As Matthew was eating his he casually asked me, "Mom, does Jesus put spinach in raviolis so you won't know you're eating it?" Um, yup, he's pretty smart that way. At least the little man went ahead and still ate them. Here are a couple more of his thoughts.

You know how just about every question at church can be answered with about 4 or 5 key words. Well, Matthew has discovered this. I've been trying to help him learn all the songs for the primary program that coming up so yesterday I started playing the first bit of a song and asked him to guess what it was (I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ.) His first answer was The Lord has blessed me? Close but no. Then he just started listing stuff. "Jesus Christ?" No. He clapped his hands and jumped up and down, "Pray, pray, pray!" Still no. "Missionaries!" Sunday school's going to be a piece of cake for this kid.
Lastly, tonight for family home evening we read the story about Christ coming to visit the Nephites and asking all the little children to come to Him and blessing them. Matthew loved it and couldn't get over the pictures of Christ holding all the little children. He told me "I want Him to come to me Mom. I haven't seen Him in a long long long time." I told Matthew some day he will see Him and Jesus will tell him what a good boy he has been. Matthew said, "Yeah, but sometimes I'm bad." I told him we can always be better. His response: "I'll tell him I peed in my unders." Well, not such a bad idea, it just may take intervention of a higher power to conquer this peeing in the unders.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Cute. Ian loves spinach ravioli, the ones from costco. And if it makes you feel any better, Ian still pees in his "unders" sometimes too. have a great day!

Susan said...

oh you are so right....Matthew is ready for Gospel Doctrine right now...and I have to say I'm ready to toss the manual at the next person how gives those standard answers! Adults can't think is specifics? Give me a break!

Christie said...

At least he's progressing to peeing in the unders instead of on people's legs, right? That's real progress that you can thank the man upstairs for.

LOVED this! So funny, so priceless. Hilarious. Welcome back - you've been sorely missed, girlfriend!

Bridget said...

That's so cute. Jesus is pretty sneaky getting us to eat those leafy greens. At least he's not blaming you. If its divine intervention, then so be it.