I enjoy reading the comments on other people's blogs but seldom click on any of the commenter's to see which blogs they belong too. (Follow me so far?) Tonight I was enjoying some productive neglect (credit's to Annie) and let a bit of wander lust take hold. This is where it led me . . .
- I started at my friend Nikki's blog. I noticed in her sidebar a link to another friend, Nicky, who moved away a while ago.
- I jumped over to Nicky's blog to see if her new baby had come and in her side bar noticed another name of an old ward member, Maylin, who (or is it "whom"?) I never new well and has since moved away but is the daughter-in-law of a good friend. So . . .
- Popped on over to Maylin's blog to do a bit of stalking and noticed in her sidebar that her mother-in-law, my friend Robin, actually has a blog of her own. Stay with me, only three more to go . . .
- While posting my comment on Robin's blog, I felt a little pinch of curiosity as to who was behind the screen name "Our Ole' Kentucky Home," who had also commented so I clicked on him/her/them to find out who would choose such a name.
- Our Ole' Kentucky Home took me to the blog of Nate and Sarah Wells. People I had never heard of before and had no idea existed on this little earth with me but did in fact live in Kentucky as their screen name suggested. I guess that's why they chose it. Anyhow, out of the corner of my eye in their sidebar I noticed the name Jillyn Wells. I know one person and one person only named Jillyn so again, dragged the mouse over and click . . .
- Who should I find but one of my mother's best friends! Ha Ha Ha! A woman I have know for YEARS, whose children I went to school with, whose husband was our vet (an important man in a household of four dogs), and whose front door I see every time I exit my parent's house. Again, ha ha ha, I couldn't get over it. So, hello Jillyn! Fancy meeting you out here in bloggyville!
So I suppose the six degrees of separation theory works for internets as well. The only people I don't know in this scenario are Nate and Sarah Wells so my questions are two: 1)Robin, how do you know these people and 2)I assume you, Jillyn, with the same last name and all, are related--am I correct? To the rest of you I issue a challenge to head out into the blue and see who you can find with some random comment clicking . . . happy hunting! Update me with any good stories.
10 comments:
That is so cool! Here's mine: I saw a comment on Jessica Romney's blog (who found me somehow along the way..maybe from Gabi?) from someone I recognized from comments on Bridget's blog, Darilyn. Well, her comment asked Jessica if she knew a Romney from SLC who named her son Romney. I have a friend from SLC who named her son Romney, after her maiden name. Well, I asked Darilyn if it was the same person and lo and behold! it was. They had been roommates and lost track of each other (angelic choir). Whew. That's hard to get through. Sorry!
Don't ya just love it? I feel like I'm really getting a peek into people's lives without them knowing it and now I've found out someone is peeking in mine which is what we want if we are out there with our blogs. I hate it when people don't let me in (and there are some that don't) but I've found some interesting information and felt like I've visited someone in my lonely hours. This blogging should never take away from the good ol' personal visit but what the heck...it's better than nothing. I'm starting to feel connected in some small way to lots of people. Thanks for visiting. I read yours most every day and I love it. Keep up the good work. Nate Wells is the son of my Nephew Mike and is in his first year of dental school in Louisville. Nate and Sarah live in the same apartment complex as my son Mason and his family. Cute kids.
Well since Stie is SO popular in Blogville, I often click on all of her friends. I had found a Paige on her blog and then we started commenting back and forth for a while. Finally she recognized me. We went to girls camp together in California!
That is truely amazing...the funny thing is that I also have friends in dental school down in Louisville...okay they are friends of my husband...Ben Hale...I don't know their last name, I just know the wife (ali Moyes (Moyes is her maiden name)...but they are also first years...Really...this comment isn't for you emily...it's for Jillyn...it would only make sense if I typed here for her to read...does that make sense?!? So Crazy-Tara Hale
I do that all the time. Isn't it great! It is fun to find old friends!
I have always said there are six degrees of Emily. If you know somebody in the world, chances are Emily knows them or somebody related to them. This doesn't shock me in the LEAST!
i have clicked on some of these other blogs...but sadly, never had to good fortune that you did in finding lost loved ones
What a fun idea - never found anyone like that, but I'll let you know if it happens! Your blogs are so creative!
A while back I clicked Meta's link to Sara D. to find that I knew her husband b/c his family had been in Lorain ward back when I was in elementary school. I'll have to keep searching to find my six degrees though. Thanks for the challenge.
Hi Emily--it's your long-lost blog-stalking friend Amy! I have just joined the blogging world (legitimately, at least) and have been reading yours for the past 30 minutes or so. I somehow made it to your list of 97 things about your grandmother, and I don't know..I guess I am just way emotional today...but I am seriously tearing up!!! Not a daily, weekly, or even monthly occurance for me, but your post got me! And I had just been planning on doing a post of my own about my sisters...yeah, we'll see how that goes. Anyway, you are so smart and funny in your posts and it has been fun to read them. Stop by mine if you get a chance someday...I think it's a good way to stay connected with our friends on the "wrong" side of the ward boundaries! Ha ha. Miss ya!
Post a Comment