Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wonder of wonders

I just had a good trip to the post office with the children. I can hardly believe it myself. Usually I LOATHE the post office. My kids scream, Matthew runs around grabbing puffy envelopes, stuffed teddy bears, and hiding behind "no admittance" counters. Grumpy adults scowl at me. Not so this morning. Partly because I woke the kids up at the crack of dawn to get there by 7:50. There was still a short line, only two people though. My package was ready, stuffed, taped up, addressed, it only needed postage. As I pulled the kids out of the car to pack them into the stroller Will started complaining--No Mommy, No! I knew this was going to be a disaster but hopefully just a short one. To my surprise, we stood in line behind a very nice man who asked the kids about Santa--he he--they can talk all day about Santa. Immediately Will was interested, Matthew jumped into the conversation all about colored presents, legos, and diesel trains. Bless that man. Before I knew it I was up to the counter, had paid my five dollars, and was out the door. My own little Christmas Miracle!

6 comments:

Christie said...

I've yet to have a good post office experience with kids. I think you just might the first mother EVER. Congratulations.

Tara said...

I think the post office is the worst place ever to have to go with kids...I don't think anything can top it...it's small, full of adults, slow because the workers are never in a hurry, and they always have long lines, no matter what time of year. I'm so happy that you were able to get in and out of there!

Annie said...

congrats! Successful post office trips with kids deserve a celebration.

I'm have post office envy...I just tried to back out of my driveway to go but the snow plows have trapped me in. Oh well.

Bridget said...

Wow. I hearty congrats. I have refused to go to the post office this season. If you live far away and I won't be seeing you on our trip, you don't get a present from me. Harsh reality.

Glad it worked out for you!

Susan said...

Good for you and your city's post office. My 3rd daughter lives in a city in PA where the post office is NOT handicap accessible, no ramp only steps, and is so not children friendly. Probably because by the time Jocelyn gets her 2 kids into the stroller with the packages, and bump bump bumps herself up there, the event has totally been unfriendly.

Susan said...

PS you've been tagged
http://gremhogs.blogspot.com/