Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home Again Home Again

I'm back and sorry to all two of you who might care that it took me a couple days to get in another post.  I arrived home Monday, took my mom to the airport Monday afternoon, hurried home, washed/changed the sheets and towels, and returned to the airport to pick up me sweet sister-in-law.  She's here visiting with her cupcake of a baby for the week to share some of her mad skills and teach me to sew.  It's an insurmountable task but more on that later.

So.  A clue for you.  My return flight took about 15 1/2 hours.
  
Another clue.  No, I did not go to India (sorry Christie), although seeing the time I spent on the plane I should have gotten a lot farther than I did.
The flight over took about 7 hours and the flight back was supposed to take 9 but just as we got south/east of Ireland out over the open Atlantic a computer screen up in the cockpit started flickering.  Not a big problem they said, the plane could still fly just fine and had we been over land it wouldn't have been an issue; however, regulations wouldn't allow the plane to fly over open water so after a couple hours of flight time we did a 180 and headed back to another city for a 3 hour maintenance break (and no, they did not let us off the plane).  After the plane was fixed, refueled, we took off again and finally made it home Monday morning.
But, it was WORTH IT!
More tomorrow but here's a little view from one of the cathedrals we walked/hiked to the top off.  Hundreds of very narrow, very twisty, very old stairs.  

5 comments:

Christie said...

I want to say Italy, but can't figure out why you'd have to fly OVER Ireland to get there. Hmmm...Prague?

You gotta tell us. My European geography is HORRIBLE.

Malea said...

You naughty little minx! Must.know.travel.bug.is.hurting!!!

Anna said...

Hmmm... Italy, Germany, Spain? Lucky you.

cynthiawintch said...

My guess is Manti Utah...That pix of Chris lookes like the old Chaple on Main...Am I right? I think Im right. 7 hours to get there, 15 to get back, a quick trip to Paris in between and,..yea, Im pretty sure it was like somewhere in Manti.

Unknown said...

more pics more pics!