Monday, September 10, 2007

Pavarotti perfection

I found this clip on another friends blog. I'm not quite sure of the blogging protocol of swiping it to also put on my site--is that very bad bloggity manners? However, I went back to watch it so many times I had to post it here to share. The voice, of course, is astounding, but I found the most wonderous part of the whole thing is watching Pavarotti's face during the piece and especially at the end as he is practically overcome by his own music. Like an actor you can see him get into character before he begins, he becomes the Prince, he feels and believes every little word he is singing. It really is beautiful. I'm still trying to figure out how to post the actual video here so until I do you will have to click the link. (Sorry:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssun-uqjA3E

A WORD OF WARNING: This can be somewhat captivating. Especially for those of us prone to easy distraction. Example: you watch the video, you watch it again, you visit google for the translation, you go back and watch the clip again after reading it, you check out the other Pavarotti clips You Tube provides for your sight seeing pleasure and find they are not quite as good as the first one, you remember the video your friend Jodi told you to see about a nursing eight year old but are unable to find it (probably a good thing), and not until then do you smell something burning. So, before you click on the link above, please, please go into your kitchen and make sure you have not left a small pot of shredded beef simmering in some spices and salsa that will quickly evaporate leaving the meat to begin a slow descent into charred oblivion and demoting your pot to the back of the cuboard until your lovely mother-in-law comes to visit again since she is the one who fixed the pot last time you did this. (Hi Grammy, yes, you might want to check on some plane tickets, I did it again.)

4 comments:

Christie said...

That is so funny, because as I was watching this clip, I kept watching it. And then I couldn't STOP watching it. And then McKay came in and said, "What's that smell?" Yep. Burned dinner. (Not as bad as yours from the sounds of it though. We stil ate ours). That was just an AMAZING clip. So beautiful.

Susan said...

I, too, loved the clip that I saw on Deborah's blog and put it on mine...no protocol that I know of. I still return time and again to listen. Why don't I go put in a CD?

Annie said...

Thank you...amazing clip. The dinner burning story is hilarious. I am so famous among my family for forgetting and burning things. We had a family over for dinner on Sunday and I put the peach cobbler in and then turned on the broiler for a final browning touch and then--you guessed it--I forgot and sat down to chat with them. By the time I realized it, it was absolutely black. So sad, so typical of me :).

Max and Deborah said...

I am so glad that you have had a chance to enjoy Pavarotti. Definatly my favorite. I thought I would let you know how to use the you tube. You first have to register to You Tube and in the registration you name your blog site. Then when you find a video you would like to share, sign in, then under the video box is a number of links, one of them is post video. Click on that link and then you can add a text with it if you choose then press post to blog. It takes a few minutes but it then appears in your blog.
Just thought you would like to know. But definately don't get on you tube if dinner is cooking. Good luck