I had to laugh when I visited
Annies blog and she had done another show and tell since I have also been thinking about doing it again so here is my "Show and Tell: The Reprise."
I give you . . . the top of my washing machine.

I didn't realize how many bags had taken up residence in here. The back door is just to the left and the top of the washer and dryer tends to become a drop-zone for heavy laden individuals entering the house. So here are bags for every occasion in my life. I looked at this area when I was first searching for an appropriate "show-and-tell" nook but got to thinking these bags tell more about what I do than about who I am but in a mother's life is there really a separation?Anyway, enough philosopy, that's
philosophy, with two "h's", haha, I can't even spell it let alone discuss it. On to the countdown.

THE SWIMMING/PARK/OUTING TOTE
Best $15 I ever spent!
some snacks
a spare set of clothes
a baby float and some arm floaties
a disposable bib, some diapers (including swimmies), and sack for garbage
an empty water bottle and some sunblock

MY OLD CHURCH BAG
worn out and frayed handles, recently retired but yet to be fully cleaned out
an activity folder, personal progress night invite (so cute)
an old manual, pamphlet, and pass-along card
some pens/pencils and a smiley face from a day in nursery
an old nursery letter, a down-loaded lesson plan, an old calendar
photo of Matthew and a funny conversation I penciled down so I wouldn't forget
a ready-made sharing time activity (you never know when you might need one!)
some hand cream and Altoids

THE "KID STUFF" CHURCH BAG
given to me by my mother when I last visited
some books, coloring books, a manual, and some trucks
an old program, paper heart from one of the kids, crumpled (but clean) tissues
some board books and a wiggly lobster toy
crayola wonder markers, gum, fruit snacks-the sacrament staple
plastic sea creature toys

MY NEW CHURCH BAG
given to me by my mother-in-law
an old program, yellow V.T. folder, some prelude music, primary talent show flyer
my scriptures, a baby spoon, and the all important pacifier (must always have a spare)
Young Women's notebook (yes, I made that cover hehe)
some lotion, and a toy truck--they end up everywhere
MY "GOING SOMEWHERE WITHOUT THE CHILDREN" BAG
obviously there isn't much in it
my birthday present from Chris that he brought back from a trip to England
some pens, a receipt from the salon (about the only place I go without the kids)some lip gloss
"GIRLS' NIGHT OUT" BAG
valentines gift from Chris, perfect little size
HOLY COW, MONEY?! I love it when I find that!
some movie tickets and Cheesecake Factory receipt (from after the show :)
a friends cell number, more movie tickets, and some earrings

OLD FAITHFUL
this bag goes everywhere every day and she's nice enough to cling to my back by herself so my arms are free for more important things like keeping boys from running free in parking lots
black wallet from Franklin Planner dayswipes, diaps, and bibsreceipts from grocery and J.Crew (if only I could afford
to really shop there . . .)coupon for Italian ice and a measuring tape some gum, floss, Listerine pocket pak, mint a band aid, some Tylenol, and raisins a Pez dispenser, plastic animals, a car, some crayons (left over from restaurants--they just throw
them away after all) some bonus cards from the grocery and plant store
a pen, a baby spoon (these are showing up everywhere) a
paperclip, and 11 cents!
THE PRESENT
given to me by my friend for my birthday and as encouragement to take the plunge and go to NY for a weekend with old Boston friends. THANKS TARA!
A toiletry bag from Aveda and travel size items of everything I will need for a trip
and of course she wouldn't be the good hygienist she is without throwing in some tooth paste and floss!
There you have it. And now I am off to pack another bag for said trip to New York. Thanks to the encouragement of Tara, many other friends, and a very sweet hubby, I took the plunge and will be leaving my little brood for just over 48 hours. I know it doesn't sound like much but it is a big deal from me and the sweet hubby. Don't worry though, the laundry is done, spare paci's are in the cupboard, there's no church on Sunday, and the freezer is stocked with frozen pizza, dino nuggets, and waffles so all should be well. See you on the flip side . . .
3 comments:
Look at you miss organized. Any tips on how I can get my plethora of bags that nice and neat?? Oh and have a great time in NY!
That is awesome! Love the little finds in your bags. After your trip I'm sure you have a few more bags to add to the lineup!
I have to organize my bags now? You have got to be kidding...i didn't read that under www.flylady.com
Come on...are you kidding me? Well, I'm not going to do it. My purses get emptied when I switch them. the totes are just totes...emptied whenever. Is this a young mom thing? is that why i don't relate it this.
Hmmmmm and I thought it was bad that I had to throw away a cookbook today. Imagine having to toss out a bag. Can't do. Won't do.
Post a Comment