So after all my wishing and waiting to get my computer back it has already been four days since my last post. I had so many things to say. So, what has kept me away these past few days . . . well, first off it was Fear Factor. No, not the T.V. version, I might have a few issues but squandering time on a Fear Factory Tivo marathon when it could be used for blogging or other precious matters such as sleep is not one of them. This was the Wednesday Night Mutual version of Fear Factor. At let me say first off it was a fantastic activity (um, if I do say so myself.) The preparation took up all of Tuesday and Wednesday but we had some great challenges for the young men and young women. We had blindfold basketball tosses, we had 3-legged obstacle courses, we had disgusting food, and we even had bugs. Real bugs. Coated with powdered cheese but still very real bugs, crickets, and meal worms. It was really very disgusting but these kids ate them. Each activity was matched with a scripture or gospel principle and it just turned out well in spite of a few impudent teenagers but what would mutual night be without a little adolescent attitude. But, after putting my kids aside for two days while prepping for this and then dragging them along to mutual and then trying to run the activity while shuffling them to the nursery every five minutes I was ready to hit the sack as soon as I pulled in the driveway Wednesday night. There was the first part of the week. As for yesterday and today--I caught Stie's cold. I knew as soon as I read she was sick I should have vacated the offending blog and washed myself in a pool of purel but I didn't. I stuck around. I read her post. I looked at her photos. I even exchanged comments with her. I should have known this would happen. So now here I sit shivering in my clothes that a few hours ago were practically soaked with my sweat (sorry, that's a bit gross). And that's what I have been doing all week. The poor children have survived on waffles and instant oatmeal (thank you Mr. Quaker) and now Daddy's home and can take them to a decent breakfast tomorrow. I'm off to a hot shower and bed and will have happier things to tell soon hopefully.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, Em! Sorry you got my cyber virus. I am so glad C is back in town so you can rest this weekend and get well. Be sure to especially stay home Sunday and sleep. I find I get the best rest during the three hours of church on Sunday when they're all gone. And if you're better by then, fake it anyway.
And real bugs? EWWWW. Can't belive they ate them. Disgusting. There is nothing on god's green earth that would compell me to eat insects. EV-ER. Blech.
Feel better, friend.
Wow, I bet you really wow'd all those YW/YM with that activity. That's in the records for sure. Darn that Stie spreading her germs. Here's to a better weekend.
Hope you feel better soon!
I just want to know the scripture that gets connected to eating bugs. email me privately. I am most curious.
sorry I left you to deal with Wednesday night...your the best 1st coun. ever.
Post a Comment