Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Day of Favorites

Favorite sight: Seeing the wonder on the boys faces as they discovered nature--a hickory horned devil caterpillar in a jar, a blue heron fishing in a pond, a snake slithering under the leaf litter, chipmunks scampering over logs, a pile of turtles basking in the sun, and all kind of birds calling and flying above us

Favorite smell: cedar trees blowing in the wind
Favorite touch: Joseph's sleepy head on my shoulder while in the back pack, Will's sleepy head on my other shoulder while I carried him in my arms, and Matthew's little hand tucked in mine
Favorite sound: Will's wild giggle while I pushed him in the swing, "Higher, Mommy, higher!"
Favorite taste: heirloom tomato flat bread, peach and prosciutto salad, mushroom gnocchi, sausage stuffed dates, and raspberry peach crisp with Chris at The Flying Fig . . . delicious!
Favorite feeling: being loved by four perfect boys

3 comments:

Christie said...

Em, that was just a beautiful post. I don't think anyone could pen the joys of being a mom any better than you just did. I loved it. I'm so glad you're a blogger, girlfriend!

P.S. Don't you have a birthday coming up?

Bridget said...

yum, sign me up for that restaurant. And what a great time with boys. Finding a creepy crawly is the best!

Susan said...

my favorite....the inside of my house, looking out my window at your world. I came home tonight with a mosquito bite on the top of my foot. So much for picnics!